We’re pleased to announce that Nick White has selected Proof of Me and Other Stories by Erica Plouffe Lazure of Exeter, New Hampshire, to receive the 2020 New American Fiction Prize! Erica is the author of the chapbooks Heard Around Town, Dry Dock, and Sugar Mountain. Her fiction is published in McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern, Carve, Greensboro Review, Meridian, American Short Fiction, The Journal of Micro Literature, The Southeast Review, Phoebe, Fiction Southeast, Flash: the International Short-Short Story Magazine (UK), Vestal Review, Litro (UK), and elsewhere. She can be found online at ericaplouffelazure.com. Erica will receive $1,500 and Proof of Me will be published by New American Press (release date forthcoming).
Finalists for the 2020 New American Fiction Prize included:
- Sustainable Living, by Elsa Nekola of Madison, WI
- Boomtown Girl, by Shubha Sunder of Jamaica Plain, MA
- The Possibility of Fire, by Jessica Barksdale of Vancouver, WA
- These Things Are Not Meant for Your Eyes, by Cheryl Sucher of Cranbury, NJ
- Ninevah, by Nathan Grover of San Francisco, CA